Monday, February 22, 2021

Cambridge Portfolio Project

I am starting my Cambridge Portfolio Project. The project entails me to do a  couple things. One, is a film opening video. The main task is the titles and opening of a new fiction film (to last a maximum of two minutes). Titles should follow the institutional conventions of commercial cinema. All images and text used in the main task must be original, and produced by the candidate(s). Sound should be predominantly original (dialogue and atmospheric sound), though music taken from an acknowledged source may be used as part of the soundtrack.

Key details of this task is that it's a maximum of two minutes, must be a NEW fiction film (no adaptations, no non-fiction), must include titles and opening, all images must be created by you, and no copyrighted music may be used unless you get permission from owner (written documentation is required-include in blog)

Next is the blog and creative critical reflection. I will be having an individual blog dedicated to the project. The process of research, planning and production, including refinement, changes and reflection on key moments, and any individual contribution to a task undertaken as a group, is to be evidenced by me on my blog. My blog will also contain evidence of any preliminary exercises, the finished product and the creative critical reflection and will comprise the complete evidence for the moderator at the end of each project.

Lastly is the creative critical reflection on my blog. On completion of my video, I will reflect upon their work, using digital formats such as director commentaries, slideshows with voiceover, or screencasts. The emphasis will be on creative use of such tools to critically reflect on the production, guided by the following compulsory questions: How does your product use or challenge conventions and how does it represent social groups or issues? How does your product engage with audiences and how would it be distributed as a real media text? How did your production skills develop throughout this project? How did you integrate technologies – software, hardware and online – in this project?

Going forward my blogs will relate to this project and will evolve as my project evolves.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Aice Media Studies CCR Link

 Below you will find the link to my Aice Media Studies Creative Critical Reflection. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1EhB2KeGfYwajZ1BTTlx7Lp...